CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Join us at Med-e-Tel 2013 (10-12 April 2013) - 11th edition - and actively participate in the educational and information program of seminars, workshops, demonstrations and interactive panel discussions on eHealth, Telemedicine and ICT applications in medicine, health and social care. Med-e-Tel is the official event of the International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (www.isfteh.org), the international federation of national associations who represent their country's Telemedicine and eHealth stakeholders. Supported by a wide range of other national and international associations and institutions as well, this three day meeting and networking event brings together stakeholders and leading experts from around the world to present and share recent achievements and developments in the field. Past editions of Med-e-Tel were also accredited (by the European Union of Medical Specialists) to give up to 18 hours of CME (Continuing Medical Education) for medical professionals.
The areas covered in the Med-e-Tel 2013 conference program will include (but are not strictly limited to):
- Bio-informatics and bio-medical technologies
- Cost-benefit studies
- Disease management and patient compliance
- eHealth and telemedicine implementation in low resource settings
- eHealth integration into routine medical practice
- eHealth master plan development for developing countries
- Elderly care, services for the ageing
- eLearning, distance education
- Electronic health records, personal health records
- Evidence based telemedicine/telehealth
- Facilitating collaboration among existing projects and applications
- Health and wellness promotion
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Market trends
- Medical informatics
- Mobile healthcare
- Opportunities for and barriers to eHealth and telemedicine implementation
- Open source software in healthcare
- Reimbursement issues
- Remote patient monitoring, homecare applications
- Secure data transmission, privacy issues
- Smart homes and independent living
- Standardization and interoperability
- Strategies for the future
- Telecommunication and wireless technologies for eHealth
- Telemedicine applications in cardiology, dermatology, radiology, wound care, and other medical disciplines
- Telemental health
- Telenursing and nursing informatics
- Telepsychology, telepsychiatry
- Telerehabilitation, cybertherapy
- User needs
- Venture capital and investment opportunities
Presentation proposals on the above and other relevant topics for inclusion into the Med-e-Tel conference program are welcome. We especially encourage contributions on practical experiences and research activities providing evidence for the efficiency, effectiveness and user acceptance of telemedicine and eHealth applications, as well as presentations of successful business cases and projects. Through the presentations, the expo and the extensive networking opportunities, attendees will have unmatched possibilities to gather the latest news from leaders in the field and to establish new professional relationships.
The conference program is spread over the three days of the event. Click here for a general schedule. A more detailed schedule will become available towards early 2013.
Click here for the online abstract submission form and follow the guidelines (note: text of the abstract should be limited to max. 2200 characters (incl. spaces); plain text only, no images or tables, no bullets, etc.). All abstracts should be submitted using this online form. Extended abstract submission deadline is Friday, January 11, 2013.
Presentations can be done either orally or as posters. If you prefer to submit a poster presentation please indicate this at the end of the abstract submission form.
Oral presentations are in English only. Each author will have 10 minutes to present plus 4 minutes for Q&A. A computer (running on Windows, with Microsoft PowerPoint) will be available in the conference rooms (if you are using other presentations software, please bring it with you to Med-e-Tel 2013 and notify us in advance). Once your abstract has been accepted, your PowerPoint presentation should be submitted by the deadline of 31 March 2013 and will be uploaded in advance onto the conference room computers.
If you prefer to present your submission as a poster, click here for the poster preparation instructions. You can also download a poster template.
Accepted abstracts will be published on the Med-e-Tel website and in the Med-e-Tel Conference and Exhibition Guide which will be distributed among all participants.
Full papers of accepted abstracts will be published (if received by the deadline date of January 31, 2013) in the Med-e-Tel 2013 Proceedings (CD-ROM) that will be available by the time of the event, and also in the book "Global Telemedicine and eHealth Updates: Knowledge Resources, Vol. 6" if approved anonymously by independent reviewers.
Click here for full paper submission guidelines.
In addition, PowerPoint presentations will also be published on the Med-e-Tel website after the event.
1 September 2012
Call for Abstracts opens
11 January 2013
Extended abstract submission deadline
21 January 2013
Latest notification of acceptance
31 January 2013
Deadline for camera-ready submission of full text papers
1 February 2013
Deadline for registration and payment for speakers
Click here for registration conditions
31 March 2013
Deadline for submitting PowerPoint presentations
10-12 April 2013
- There is a special registration fee for speakers.
- Maximum two presentations are allowed per one registration fee.
- Abstracts can only be accepted and included in the final program if at least one author has registered and paid by the indicated deadline date for participation at Med-e-Tel 2013.
- If a speaker has registered and paid but due to unforeseen circumstances is not able to actually participate in Med-e-Tel 2013, event materials can only be sent upon request and with additional shipping costs at charge of the speaker.
For further information about Med-e-Tel, to register, for information about special hotel deals, and more, please browse the other sections of this website.
For questions regarding the submission of abstracts and the educational program, please feel free to contact Dr. Malina Jordanova, Educational Program Coordinator, tel: +359 2 979 32 02, or e-mail: email@example.com
For general information regarding Med-e-Tel and sponsorship/exhibition opportunities, please contact Frederic Lievens, International Coordinator, tel: +32 2 269 84 56, mobile: +32 478 59 36 99, fax: +32 2 269 79 53, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Luxembourg in April 2013 for the 11th annual Med-e-Tel event!
Educational Program Coordinator